Friday, November 16, 2007

Now landing in the blogoshere!

I've decided it's time for me to get into the "aughts" (or whatever you want to call this first decade of the 2000's). So, as Pastor of a small Baptist church in Omaha, NE, I'm going to try to add something meaningful and Christ-centered to this expanding universe of blog-ness.

As the title of this blog implies, my view of life is "Christ-centered." I want to live in a way to follow after Paul's pursuit of a life that is all about "laying hold of that for which He laid hold of me."

More than that, life just is "Christ-centered", simply because He is the Architect and the ultimate Object of life, the "Alpha and Omega." Whether you choose to believe in and follow Him, that's your decision; your reaction to the truth of His Word. But nothing any man can do or say changes the fact of His Lordship; any more than a skeptic might object to, and thereby overthrow the Laws of Nature.

These are crucial days. Hardly an original statement, but nonetheless true. The idea of truth as an absolute value is quickly becoming for many an anachronism of a distant and unwanted past. But that has in no way altered the fact of truth. What scientists, skeptics, celebrities, talk-show hosts and many others believe about reality does not establish reality.

But, that claim aside, God presents His truth with compassion and an eternal love for all He has created - and that's all of us. So in the days to come, I'll hope to add some thoughtful comments to the web-discussion. But the only thing I can possibly contribute is what is Christ-centered, for that's the only truth I know.

For now, grace and peace, from Christ our Savior and Lord, is yours for the asking.

Larry

No comments: